Graduate students considering a Masters Degree in Educational Administration can choose from several great career paths. This includes individuals specializing in teaching English since there’s a steadily increasing need for educational administrator specialists in TESOL.
Although a considerable financial commitment, all of the colleges listed on this site provide advice on grants and financial aid packages available. Look at the list of accredited colleges at the bottom of this article and request a free personalised pack to help you make the right choice.
While pursuing a master’s degree, a student should also explore the various jobs available after graduating – this will give you an idea of the salary range available in your State or country.
Here are our top five career options once you have your MA or MEd in Education Administration:
Career 1: Principal
After receiving a master’s degree in educational administration, you’re eligible to apply for positions as a school leader. Great principals are a valuable asset to elementary, middle and high schools in the public and private sectors. A principal typically is in charge of one school providing leadership to students and teachers. In addition, principals frequently communicate with the public and parents.
Career 2: Superintendent
A graduate with a specialization in educational administration may also work as a superintendent of a public or private school system. An individual in this role is responsible for providing leadership to the entire educational staff including principals, teachers and support staff. Superintendents attend school board meetings to discuss policies with school employees and the public.
Career 3: Curriculum Developer
Individuals with a Master’s degree in Educational Administration can become involved in curriculum development. Curriculum development specialists work for private or public school systems and textbook companies. A graduate with a specialty in TESOL is especially in demand for this lucrative career option.
Career 4: College Professor
Universities and community colleges require knowledgeable individuals to teach students enrolled as education majors. Individuals with master’s degrees in educational administration have several years of teaching experience with students of various ages. Many community colleges and universities need teachers with a specialization in TESOL to meet their accreditation standards.
Career 5: Academic Dean
Graduates of a Master’s degree in Educational Administration are also employed as academic deans in universities, colleges and high schools. At the high school level, a dean is frequently responsible for administrative duties and student discipline. A dean in a college or university is usually in charge of a specific academic unit assisting students to choose appropriate coursework.
Accredited Colleges Providing a Masters in Educational Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Administration and Supervision: Teacher Licensure
- MED: Higher Education: Educational Leadership
- EDD: Educational Leadership
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - Special Education (non-licensure)
- MA in Education, Reading Literacy Specialization
- BA/Library Science and Media
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- Administrative Leadership (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Transformational Leadership (EDD)
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education - Higher Education Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- And more...
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Master of Arts in Education