Graduate students considering a Masters Degree in Educational Administration can choose from several great career paths. This includes individuals specializing in teaching English since there’s a steadily increasing need for educational administrator specialists in TESOL.
Although a considerable financial commitment, all of the colleges listed on this site provide advice on grants and financial aid packages available. Look at the list of accredited colleges at the bottom of this article and request a free personalised pack to help you make the right choice.
While pursuing a master’s degree, a student should also explore the various jobs available after graduating – this will give you an idea of the salary range available in your State or country.
Here are our top five career options once you have your MA or MEd in Education Administration:
Career 1: Principal
After receiving a master’s degree in educational administration, you’re eligible to apply for positions as a school leader. Great principals are a valuable asset to elementary, middle and high schools in the public and private sectors. A principal typically is in charge of one school providing leadership to students and teachers. In addition, principals frequently communicate with the public and parents.
Career 2: Superintendent
A graduate with a specialization in educational administration may also work as a superintendent of a public or private school system. An individual in this role is responsible for providing leadership to the entire educational staff including principals, teachers and support staff. Superintendents attend school board meetings to discuss policies with school employees and the public.
Career 3: Curriculum Developer
Individuals with a Master’s degree in Educational Administration can become involved in curriculum development. Curriculum development specialists work for private or public school systems and textbook companies. A graduate with a specialty in TESOL is especially in demand for this lucrative career option.
Career 4: College Professor
Universities and community colleges require knowledgeable individuals to teach students enrolled as education majors. Individuals with master’s degrees in educational administration have several years of teaching experience with students of various ages. Many community colleges and universities need teachers with a specialization in TESOL to meet their accreditation standards.
Career 5: Academic Dean
Graduates of a Master’s degree in Educational Administration are also employed as academic deans in universities, colleges and high schools. At the high school level, a dean is frequently responsible for administrative duties and student discipline. A dean in a college or university is usually in charge of a specific academic unit assisting students to choose appropriate coursework.
Accredited Colleges Providing a Masters in Educational Administration
- Choose from 16 education degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
- Explore different facets of education, including curriculum development, administration, early childhood education, special education, and more.
- Most degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Classes last 5 weeks for bachelor’s programs and 6 weeks for master’s programs.
- Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001
- MA/Education - Special Education (non-licensure)
- BA/Library Science and Media
- MA in Education, English Language Learners Specialization
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.Ed. in Educational Administration (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Behavioral Health
- Ed.D in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Organizational Development
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- EDD School Administration and Supervision
- EDS School Administration and Supervision
- MED: Administration and Supervision: Teacher Licensure
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Doctor of Education in Advanced Educational Leadership
- Ph.D. in Education - Christian Education Leadership
- Ph.D. in Education - Advanced Educational Leadership
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- Master of Education
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Master of Arts in Education