Graduate students considering a Masters Degree in Educational Administration can choose from several great career paths. This includes individuals specializing in teaching English since there’s a steadily increasing need for educational administrator specialists in TESOL.
Although a considerable financial commitment, all of the colleges listed on this site provide advice on grants and financial aid packages available. Look at the list of accredited colleges at the bottom of this article and request a free personalised pack to help you make the right choice.
While pursuing a master’s degree, a student should also explore the various jobs available after graduating – this will give you an idea of the salary range available in your State or country.
Here are our top five career options once you have your MA or MEd in Education Administration:
Career 1: Principal
After receiving a master’s degree in educational administration, you’re eligible to apply for positions as a school leader. Great principals are a valuable asset to elementary, middle and high schools in the public and private sectors. A principal typically is in charge of one school providing leadership to students and teachers. In addition, principals frequently communicate with the public and parents.
Career 2: Superintendent
A graduate with a specialization in educational administration may also work as a superintendent of a public or private school system. An individual in this role is responsible for providing leadership to the entire educational staff including principals, teachers and support staff. Superintendents attend school board meetings to discuss policies with school employees and the public.
Career 3: Curriculum Developer
Individuals with a Master’s degree in Educational Administration can become involved in curriculum development. Curriculum development specialists work for private or public school systems and textbook companies. A graduate with a specialty in TESOL is especially in demand for this lucrative career option.
Career 4: College Professor
Universities and community colleges require knowledgeable individuals to teach students enrolled as education majors. Individuals with master’s degrees in educational administration have several years of teaching experience with students of various ages. Many community colleges and universities need teachers with a specialization in TESOL to meet their accreditation standards.
Career 5: Academic Dean
Graduates of a Master’s degree in Educational Administration are also employed as academic deans in universities, colleges and high schools. At the high school level, a dean is frequently responsible for administrative duties and student discipline. A dean in a college or university is usually in charge of a specific academic unit assisting students to choose appropriate coursework.
Accredited Colleges Providing a Masters in Educational Administration
- Choose from 16 education degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
- Explore different facets of education, including curriculum development, administration, early childhood education, special education, and more.
- Most degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Classes last 5 weeks for bachelor’s programs and 6 weeks for master’s programs.
- MA/Education - Special Education (non-licensure)
- MA in Education, Reading Literacy Specialization
- BA/Library Science and Media
- And more...
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) - Administration and Supervision
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education - Higher Education Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- Master of Education
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- Administrative Leadership (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Transformational Leadership (EDD)
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Education - Educational Technology & Design
- PhD in Education - Organizational Research, Assessment and Evaluation
- PhD in Education - Early Childhood Leadership & Advocacy
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration: Education Leadership
- Associate of Arts: Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science: Elementary Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
- And more...
- One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo University offers over 50 accredited undergraduate degrees, programs and endorsements as well as master's and doctoral programs.
- Saint Leo’s undergraduate and graduate online degree programs prepare you to take advantage of growing career opportunities in a variety of in-demand fields.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited degree today!
- Doctor of Education: School Leadership
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
- MEd: Instructional Leadership & Reading
- And more...